Tulips grow best in full sun in the North and partial shade in the South. Plant tulip bulbs, pointed end up, in well-drained soil. Tulips are planted 6-8” deep. Cover the bulb bed with 2-3” of mulch after planting to insulate the soil, maintain even soil moisture, and stop soil from splashing on the flowers. Remove spent blooms to prevent seed formation. Allow stems and leaves to die back naturally to yellow or brown before removing them. If leaves are removed while still green, the bulb won’t store enough food to bloom next year.
- Tulips perform best in full sun to partial shade
- Plant tulips when temperatures have cooled in your area in fall. Once your daytime temperatures are in the 60’s or lower consistently, this is a good time to plant your tulips.
- Tulips require 12-16 weeks of consistent temperatures below 50 degrees in winter in order to produce a flower bud; tulips are best suited to cold climates.
- Adequate drainage is essential to the health of your tulips. Amend your soil with top soil and organic matter such as compost, manure, leaf mold or peat moss prior to planting. After you have amended your soil, it should be light and easy to work with.
- Fertilize at planting with Hi Yield Bulb Food or for organic gardening use Bulb-Tone. Apply fertilizer at least 3” below the bottom of the bulbs so that the roots will get the most benefit from the fertilizer.
- Tulips should be planted at least 6-8” deep with the pointed side of the tulip facing towards the sky. Dig the planting hole 12” deep so you can add fertilizer to the bottom of the hole. After adding fertilizer back fill with 3-4” of soil, plant your bulbs, then back fill with remaining soil.
- Space tulips 4-6” apart when planting individual bulbs. For mass planting and brilliant bursts of color in the garden, plant the bulbs 2-3” apart in bouquet planting groups, trenches and garden beds.
- Immediately after planting, water the tulip planting area. This helps to eliminate air pockets in the soil. After the initial planting, it is not necessary to provide any supplemental water to the area. In spring once the tulips have emerged you may water as necessary, although spring rains often make providing additional water unnecessary.
- Apply a layer a 2” layer of mulch in late fall.
Payment Security : SSL Encryption Technology Is Used To Ensure 100% Payment Security.
✅Payments Via PayPal®, Debit and CreditCard.
Add to cart first, and Check out, then select Shipping method and Payment method.
If you checkout with a Debit / Credit Card, just enter your * Card Number, * Expiration Date, and * Secure Code.
Purchase any product here and try it in the comfort of your own home for 30 days.
If for whatever reason you're not completely satisfied, then return the product within 30 days. Please contact our customer service team if you need to process a return for any reason, Please include your Order number and Name.
Worldwide Shipping ✈